Celebrating a birthday — or any special occasion — at the puppet theatre will be a party your child or group will never forget! Daycares, preschools, church groups, sports teams and scout troops are also welcome. We have 4 themed party areas to choose from:
All of the Columbia Marionette Theatre parties include:
- The use of a themed party area for two hours
- A special gift for the honoree courtesy of the Theatre
- Priority seating for child guests during the performance of our current production
- Clean up following the show
Check out our Downloadable Party Invitation
How our parties work:
- Parties can be booked for any Saturday at either 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. parties: Doors open at 9:45 a.m. Ask your guests to arrive at 10:00 a.m. Your personal party lasts until 11:00 a.m. when the puppet show begins. Everything should wrap up by noon.
- 2:00 p.m. parties: Doors open at 1:45 p.m. Ask your guests to arrive at 2:00 p.m. Your personal party lasts until 3:00 p.m. when the puppet show begins. Everything should wrap up by 4:00 p.m.
- Parties cost $75 plus $6 per child (minimum of 6). Adults and children under 2 are admitted at no charge.
- The $75 is a non-refundable reservation fee and must be received no later than one week before the date of the party.
- For multiple birthday children, there is the option to pay an additional $20 per child, which adds another gift and an extra row of reserved seating (if needed).
Other Important Information
- Each party area seats 25-30 children and includes one 12ft picnic-style table as well as an additional table for food and/or gifts.
- You are expected to provide all food, drinks, plates, cups, utensils, etc.
- Lighted birthday candles are permitted.
- Do not affix anything to the party area walls.
- Please clear tables and put all trash in the provided trash cans after the party.
- No noisemakers, confetti, Silly String, glitter, pinatas, or gum.
- No running allowed in the theater at any time.
- Entertainment Guide coupons and other special passes or coupons are not valid for parties.
- Please remember that while this is your birthday or special occasion party, the puppet show the children will see is a theatrical performance. Your help in having children demonstrate proper theater etiquette is appreciated.
To book a party, please submit the above Birthday Contract to Lyon Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Birthdays c/o CMT, 401 Laurel St. Columbia, SC 29201. Party areas are subject to availability.
Our parties are in high demand. Regrettably, if your contract and reservation fee are not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the reservation.